Farewell, Naruto series! Farewell, Masashi Kishimoto!

That’s it, the big announcement came. Probably many of you expected it so here it is. From today on, I am done with Naruto series and I bid farewell to it and its creator, Masashi Kishimoto.

The way this series ended left a big chunk of sourness in my soul, I cannot feel anything but betrayal from the writer I so respected and defended for so many years. For so many years, when people picked on Masashi Kishimoto and Naruto, I would quickly jump like a bullet out of the gun to immediately defend the author along with the series, no matter the flaws from here and there. I found reason in it, I found logic in it, I found beauty. But today, with its finale and The Last: Naruto the movie, I cannot say anything but the fact that it’s the exact opposite of what I initially found in Naruto.

With their bias and deep involvement, Studio Pierrot managed to absolutely destroy a beautiful and wonderful series. Up to chapter 698, this series was the series we all loved. From there on, it all turned to dust, nothing that made us love the series itself was recognizable…

Yes, I know there are lots of NaruHina and SasuSaku fans that are willing to tell me how it’s not like that and how wonderful Naruto ended. No, it didn’t. And you know it too, deep down there, inside of your heart, you know it too. No matter how much you won’t admit it to anyone else, not even maybe to yourself, but deep down inside you know that Naruto series was ruined.

How do I feel currently about it? There’s a piece of fanart out there that greatly expresses my feelings. Funny enough, although the closest in this manga I felt towards were Naruto and Sakura – and probably someone would have expected me to express it with a NaruSaku picture – , Sasuke, although I understood him, maybe not that much. As you guys know, I always had a love-hate relationship with Sasuke Uchiha. However, funny how at the end of things, I can only express my feelings through him:

I’m leaving and I’m not looking back. I don’t know if there’s a Naruto out there that looks back at me leaving him… The Naruto I know prior the finale would, but the new Naruto wouldn’t, because the new Naruto isn’t the Naruto we knew for so long. And it hurts in a way, you know? But it’s okay, if he’s happy the way he is, although I cannot help but to think about his own words – I hate people who lie to themselves -, then so be it. I’m not. And I’m not either going to lie to myself on how much I keep loving Naruto. No, I don’t anymore. I’m sorry. This Naruto it’s not the Naruto I followed and supported so many years. This is a Naruto I can barely recognize. Besides his facial structure, there’s nothing I recognize in him anymore. Absolutely nothing. All that he is to me is just an empty shell of a filled with an inner never giving up attitude that I used to love. The inner self it’s gone. It’s there no more. This Naruto is empty. This Naruto is … gone.

Therefore, I’m walking away… I bid you farewell, Naruto!

tumblr_lsvrgkDels1r1upsl

I will miss your smile, your spunkyness, your never giving up attitude, your love for Sakura, your love for Sasuke, your love for your family, Team 7 and everything else that made you who you were up to 698.

Zabuza was right in the end… All we are in this life is just tools for some other people. What can I say? Thank you for making me feel nothing but a tool at the end of a series I loved dearly. Hope you’re happy deep down there inside the depths of your soul. You said you wanted to show us that life can be different. But it’s not. And you, yourself proved it. You yourself proved to be the very people you were damning in your story.

What does that say? A lot… But, it doesn’t matter anymore… Not to you at least. Not to the people that quickly take anything it’s given to them.

But to the people who matter, it’s… hard and ugly. But it’s okay, because despite of the ending you did, we will hold dear the characters we knew up to that horrendous finale. Those were the characters we grew-up with and loved dearly. Now, they’re gone… you took them away from us/yourself and gave it to Studio Pierrot so that they can mess with them in the ugliest possible way. So, I’m leaving towards new horizons, where Heaven and Earth do meet…

Therefore, farewell Naruto…! I wished I could’ve stayed longer with you, but I cannot… Sayonara!

Katia (3 years ago)

God, that’s so heartbreaking ! We all were so devoted to this series, and seeing how he treated us in the end (just like tools as you said) is really mean.
Months ago, It was sad to know that Naruto would be ending a few months later, but now…All we feel, is disappointment and pain.

Elkas (3 years ago)

I feel your pain my lady. I know how it feels. like my girlfriend cheat on me behind my back without thinking how i feel. Thats the feeling when i see sakura goes back to her part one shit fangirl sasuke. Im going to stay and lurk in here and your blog i hope im not bothering you. I realy like you and your writing. :)

You’re not bothering me at all, my dear! On the contrary, you’re very much welcomed here! ♥
    Thank you for still sticking around after all this! Means a lot! ♥

Lies (3 years ago)

It truly was a beautiful journey, sadly we weren’t allowed to walk besides him until the end.

Sadly we weren’t…

Leonard (9 months ago)

It’s official Naruto the last movie is not canon we completely ignored the anime manga with Naruto had to steal the The Scroll of forbidden Jutsu to learn Shadow clone technique but in the movie shows them doing it before he stole The Forbidden Scrolls which makes it non-canon I remember in an interview with Masashi kishimoto he said that any Naruto movies and not party anime universe and should never be considered part of it no separate entity unto themselves as exact quote look it up and that means Naruto the last movie is not canon I know it is none of Naruto Next Generation and that’s why you don’t have to accept that his last movie as Cannon was in the movie he use Shadow clone Jutsu before he stole the Forbidden Scrolls there’s your evidence that it is not canon don’t listen to these fruit cakes look up stuff to counter these nutjobs little counter thing but here’s a suggestion it’s going to be hard to argue with a fanatic these people are fans of relationships of the characters and they have their own personal stake in vested interest in the characters so they become Fanatics over them you cannot argue with someone who can’t see reason beyond their own face good luck with trying to dispute with them just add the facts to the fantasy eventually everyone will understand good luck with your site here I hope you had a great holiday

Shehan (3 years ago)

That ending felt like a kick to the balls and the movie is spitting on Manga! I refuse to accept the ending. What about the plot holes, where is Narutos sense of humor, Hinatas goals, and Sakuras goals. The pairings are not the main problem here! The last represents justification for that BS ending and that’s why people hate it. Whatever I don’t know why im ranting and we always have better fanon. Anyway thank you for your amazing blog and I look forward to any future projects!!! :D

TTrasengan (3 years ago)

So I decided to not read the entire thing at “deep down you know it too” LOL. There you go again, speaking from your bitterness and stating your opinion as if it’s a fact. NO Chatte, the ending is great for some, terrible for others. To go further than that for you to say Kishi used everyone for his road to success is laughable and only shows your immaturity. It’s his story, his work, his creation. You can’t seem to even consider the notion that your interpretation of the growing relationship between Narusaku was possibly wrong, as it wasn’t romantic but actually friendship. At the end of the day your bitterness was created by yourself, not by Kishi. You interpreted the story the way you wanted it too, and expected the ending to turn out the way you wanted it too. Now you’re blaming Kishi and Studio Pierrot for your own shortcomings??? lol. One side of me is a bit sad you’re done with Naruto because you’ve entertained me with your immaturity, but the other side of me is happy you’re done with it, because your writing is also a reminder of the kind of bratty, immature people that exist in the world. All in all I won’t assume your behavior with the ending of Naruto is a reflection of who you are entirely. I’m sure you’re a nice person, and have good intentions. So with that said, sorry you chose to quit. If anything maybe this will inspire you to write your own story someday. Either way, thanks for the bit of entertainment Chatte. Bless!

HalfDemonInuyasha (3 years ago)

Except it’s true. The diehard Naru/Hina and Sasu/Saku fans claim to love the way it ended. It’s obvious that they only cared about getting their pairings and nothing else, and they don’t bother or want to look at the cost it took to force them together – the entire rest of the story and its characters as we knew them, but hey, as long as they got their favorite pairings, who cares about anything else, right?

How else do you expect Chatte and others to react when you consider how Kishimoto and Studio Pierrot just insulted the fans by claiming they “misread” the manga in order to force through the movie and its retcons? Why would they need to make a completely separate movie with so many retcons if such an ending was “planned since the beginning” (or was it only 3 months before the end? Kishimoto can’t seem to keep the story straight). Just because it’s Kishimoto’s creation, as soon as he released it to the public, he left it open for criticism.

And as usual with typical haters, you try to boil this down into about nothing BUT the pairings. The huge disappointment and anger by many fans goes BEYOND the pairings and into how the whole rest of the story leading up to, its characters as we knew them, and its life lessons that it taught were all thrown out the window for nothing more than pairing fodder. What Kishimoto and Studio Pierrot did with that ending and that movie is exactly that – making it about nothing BUT the favored pairing.

Jazzy Jeff (3 years ago)

Thanks for confirming the hypocrisy you guys can criticize Kishimoto for his series but nobody can do the same to your writings.

EE (3 years ago)

Disagreeing with Kishi’s ending is one thing, but people calling him a liar is wrong. You can’t just assume he lied to everyone so he can enforce the movie. It’s just disrespectful.

He said comparing Sakura to Kushina was a red herring. You know what your first hint was? The fact that Minato compared Naruto to Kushina more than once. Naruto is more like his mom than Sakura ever was. From being 9 tails host, to being hot headed, laughed at, and had similar dreams.

When Naruto was about to end, I knew for sure these things would happen in the ending without a doubt.

Naruto becomes hokage, Naruto saves Sasuke and he returns to the village, Naruto pairs up with either Sakura or Hinata. Both pairings were both very possible but only one was going to happen. If people thought that either Sakura or Hinata had no chance of ending up with Naruto at the end then there’s not much left to say, except they are biased and just didn’t want to think of the possibility of it not going their way.

As for plot holes, the ending is not actually finished, Part 3 is going to be the expanded ending. Kishi couldn’t squeeze everything into chapter 700, unless he made the chapter much much larger than an average chapter.

Nicolas Lemir (3 years ago)

Also, let`s assume that when Kishimoto started this thing he didn^t really speculate with having he huge success he had(not with movies, a TV a series, lots of products, etc) BUT when that kind opportunities became available to him, why not use them to expand the Lore of Naruto`s Universe? I have read a whole set of different reviews and summaries about the movie: I don`t see what parts of the Manga got “retconned”: the whole Team 7 issues is solved, World is at peace, Sasuke is redeemed(and went full-time nomad-vigilante) and the bad guys of Team Taka, Orochimaru and Kabuto are going to probably be reserved as a wild card to use as villans/anti-heroes in the New Era(that is why heir fate remained unexplained).

People seemed to assume that Naruto went OOC because if their personal assumption that a certain outcome (NS namely) was instrumental for he remain “himself”. And that`s the fan`s own delussion, nothing else.

So a few questions:

-Why in hell a more “in character Sasuke” would not fall for Sakura? Would would he have to fall for Karin or went rogue again with Orochimaru and his gang? The connotations of “Taka Sasuke” are not quite positive and doesn`t really fit his “redeemed” status

-Why does Sakura development gets nullified by still loving Sasuke? I know someone will bring the whole abusive thing and throw a tantrum about it. But if Naruto can rescue his bond with him(and Naruto gets the blunt of Sasuke`s murder attempts) why can`t Sakura? In fact, I would`ve felt that Sakura`s bailing out on his affection for Sasuke would`ve benn more OOC for her.

-Why people can actually say there was a fraud of ANY type regarding the movie when the publicity about it`s content was SO DAMN AGRESSIVE? Even a slug for brains could have forsaw this was about Naruto and Hinata ¬¬. And if there is warning, there is no treason.

-In which sense does Kishi betrayed his fandom? he didn`t swore any fealty to a specific group, ship or WHATEVER. If a specific part of the fandom FELT betrayed because their “super-developed” pairing was the narrative feint all along is another, very different thing . In any event, that makes him a poor writter but not a backstabber.

I ship NH, I saw the ending, I read the movie summary and I don`t feel nowhere near in the depths of my soul that ending is flawed. Like I`ve saying since all this controversy started: I felt warm and right. if that makes me a brain dead sheep that readily accepts any crap that come from his Studio Pierrot Overlords and tehir Kishi Minion, so be it

Vic-San (3 years ago)

//Can some PLEASE explain how is that the Naruhina somehows manages to destroy Naruto`s Character, ruin the story, etc? The only way to arrive at that conclusion is to belive that, somehow, NS is an instrumental part of Naruto`s Character(and is not)//

Your answer if you wish to have an open mind is his Nindo or his believes.. Never go give up, Never go back on his word..

What are Naruto’s orginals goals as they pop?

1 Become Hokage
        2. Falls for Sakura.. she becomes his love interest before even Hinata makes an appearance..(Manga wise)
        3. Promise of a lifetime (Bring Sasuke back)
        4. Promise to Itachi to save Sasuke
        5. Stop hatred promise to Jiraiya
        6 Not to marry a weird girl..someone that is like her mother..

He brought and save Sasuke back for 5mins before he leaves on his new journey, Stop hatred not for long but stop it.. Becomes Hokage .. all good so far.. fails to get Sakura.. He acknowledge he had feelings for her.. went to hell for her.. and then puff nothing marries Hinata.. gave up on his word to himself, gave up on something he wanted..marries a weird girl..not only he breaks his nindo, he also breaks a promise to his mother..

Sakura is voilent but still cares for him..

Why most pissed this a loop need to be close for Hinata to win his heart which never happen.. it was shrouded in a lies.. so far 2.. Sakura never ever supported any relationships with Naruto with any girl.. Naruto doesn’t like Sakura cause of Sasuke he likes her for who and how she is..

Hope you get an idea where most angry fans are coming from..Simply put it was rush job and the main loop that makes this story or holds Naruto story together.. becomes a lie..
        He did it all for Sakura. he did not do anything for Hinata other then compliment her and ask her to never give up.. so she never gives up on him but him the one who puts that nindo above all gives up on Sakura.. Single proof naruto fell in love with Sakura at first sight is on chapter 3 page 4 when Sakura enters he goes gaga call him her name and there is a small heart next to the kanji..
        People want to belief in a crush other crap but don’t want to belief what it was actually drawn a male kid looking at the girl of his dreams going gaga over her…

Ryousan (3 years ago)

Alright, please allow me to elaborate

1)Why people assume “getting Sakura” was a life-long dream for Naruto? A more reasonable goal(speacially given the chracterization of the hero) is simply to find love: Kushina´s words are somewhat ambigous, she even admitted she didnt knew much of the subject because she was a woman, and neither her (or Sakura) are really normal(prone to violence, special physical feature…one of them a demon fox inside ¬¬U) So, how we must take her words? I see it this way: She wanted Naruto to find a girl that resembled the love she felt for him

Someone with a love so big that was willing to leap in front of Kurama(or Pain) to save him. Thus, I dont see how that betrays either his nindo or his mother

2)While I m convinced that Sakura cares about Naruto, her feelings are “tainted” by Sasuke. He made that promise, because he was important to Sakura(aka Sasusaku) if at some point that changes, the promise becomes void. The whole substance of the promise is Sakura´s love for Sasuke, if that changed at any point there are only two options

A)Naruto abadons Sasuke and gets the girl. Forgetting about the promise saving himself from a lot of pain

B)Naruto decides to save Sasuke for his own reasons and the promise becomes null and vod, for Sakura had stopped being the reason

Of the two Option A was closest to happen, as Sakura wanted Naruto to take it(Fake Confession) whether Naruto reminded Sakura of her feelings or just went for option B either way it doesn´t add up to the NS thesis

3) I repeat my friend, when did Naruto state that conquering Sakura´s heart was part of his dream? It´s kinda selffish dont you think? Speacially since he has always been aware that Sakura loved Sasuke(and she has consistently said so) So what? So h
          he just forces her to fell out of love and love him back? Love doesn´t work that way

But meh, don´t listen tome. Chatte here made a specific blog entry about how I don´t sh*t about love :P

TTrasengan (3 years ago)

HalfDemonInuyasha I do not watch Naruto based on pairings. I didn’t even know these shipping “wars” existed until the trailer came out for the movie and I saw comments on youtube. I get fans being upset over the lack of focus on other characters. For example my favourite side character is Gaara. I don’t even think he has any dialogue in the movie if he even appears at all. However I get that this movie is about Naruto’s final piece of growth; Him finding love. This was the one aspect of his life that wasn’t achieved as yet from a STORYTELLING perspective. He became strong, he became Hokage, he protected his comrades, he gained the respect and acknowledgement of the village, he never went back on his word. So what’s left? Love, which was a subtle background theme throughout the story. This movie is that story. You say they were forced together?? LOL. Dude I was a casual Naruto fan, I never overanalyzed the story or even knew all these forums existed. I just read the manga as is, and knew from the start that IF Naruto ever ended up with any of the characters of potential interest it would’ve been Hinata. I didn’t see that out of any biased, but from a STORYTELLING perspective. Again you just missed it because you weren’t reading that part of the story from any other perspective other than your own personal bias.

Hm, strange.
        I read it non-biased also. I really didn’t know about shipping. And yet I’m not on specific peoples personal blogs to insult them. I’m on blogs to keep things positive or get info without judging them afterwards to be delusional to have their own appreciation of the manga I loved as well. Sadly I still have standards and I don’t cohere well with opinions that are destructive.

Hm, yes you are non-biased indeed…
        If you casually read it that way, why hate? Why insult? Why act pro-naruhina shipping for a multitude of comments to now claim to never have shipped at all.

A Neutral fan can state all the reasons why people would ship as they neutrally read the manga and see every possibility. Moreover, they’d respect the most obvious one. They are not oblivious to story events to the point they start denying and twisting them and putting certain events that were given only very small attention to the front as if they were the law.

However, it is the individual that’s behind that “neutrality” that defines the behavior towards others. It’s the individual behind that “neutrality” that has values of their own and will tend towards a certain preference within the manga topics.
        It is a fact that I and many others have yet to see a NH/SS-er or NH/SS-er hiding in a “neutral” shell to express any opinion or behavior that has an empathic maturity, respectful indifference, basic moral value system and knowledge/respect of the story development that is truly of value or to be taken seriously. You and all the other haters on this blog are not helping your cause.

Yet, I have to admit that the values taken from the topics throughout the manga you are portraying to be important; you are ignoring to make others you prefer move to the front; you are trivializing are on par with the stereotypical image of someone who would like such things. So is your bashful behavior. If you were to live up to those beliefs outside this fandom you would be judged as intolerant, disrespectful, oblivious, immature and morally underdeveloped.
        To put it very harsh, for example, there are very few who read your opinion on ss that will not assume you are underappreciative of anti-domestic violence activists, shallow and sexist as personality traits. Because, lets face it, no matter it being fiction or not, you are defending the opposite and insulting those who are morally unable to trivialize this.

Whereas the owner of this blog and many other people unsatisfied with the ending to their very loved manga have expressed themselves very differently. It is only a minority who got bullied to the point they got rude, and even less who were rude at first instance. In fact, many were still keeping up their spirits, hope and love for the manga at first, while NH/SS-ers were already insulting them for pretty much just “being”, as having an opinion based upon an impression influenced by an individual value system is pretty much part of being human. Insulting others, on the other hand is defying another opinion and thus can not be excused from being biased or not well-intended.

EE (3 years ago)

“Let me tell you, from that STORYTELLING perspective alone, the main character made a promise to a girl he loved which got ignored even though it has been expressed he feels unworthy to tell her he loves her until he succeeds.
          As a Neutral fan, you would find this strange. He is, afterall, the main character.”

As Kishi already stated “Sakura has always been wholeheartedly about Sasuke”.

If Sasuke is alive then Sakura will only be devoted to him, that’s just how it is.

Sakura always knew Naruto loved her, probably even before Sai told him. Naruto telling her would just make her say officially “no”

Lies (3 years ago)

Words spoken in the aftermath of the movie. These are not relevant to me anymore as Kishimoto can’t even stick to his own excuse. Which is a pity as he, at least, should be the one to be consistent.

Maybe she would, do we know? No.
          Did we get granted descent explanations even though Kishimoto started to talk himself out of it by saying we would? No.
          Was Sasuke developed as a pairing fodder? Hell no.
          Will we get aftermath excuses that would’ve been unnecessary in any other ending? Yes.

These characters got slinged back to immature ” I want iiiiit, bring it back I want iiiiiit ” needy-behavior towards something that isn’t even explained. Did we Ever throughout the entire manga get an explanation why Sasuke would be liked by sakura, other than his looks and his kakkoi I don’t give a flying fuck about you-attitude? No. He even questioned it himself as he said he doesn’t like her. If that isn’t enough.
          This is completely ignored. No thoughtprocess is set in motion. Or was he, nevermind it being completely unfounded the past 15 years, lying to protect someone who he was never shown to think highly of, if he thought of her at all, out of the context of his entire team 7, when he is is pretty much the most pure and truthful character of the series? Right before showing her how it would be if he stabbed and murdered her for real this time. I’m sorry but whatever your thoughts about this, this was left in descent development limbo now, as the true story development worked up to a positive seperating development in that area and got very sadly destroyed in a matter of seconds for the very opposite of positive.
          No thoughtprocess for sakura either, whatever you thought of her being a strong young woman protecting her friends ( I do believe you should reread some parts as if this manga were a shōnen, about bonds and friendship and you’ll notice this ) was lost very tragically if that were to be interpreted as a confession at that point, which she later proves to be the ephiphany of self-pity and idiocy. Saying worst example to young women would be an understatement. Do understand this is a huge insult towards women.
          Love, for a friend considered as family does indeed not need a reason. Love for something more than that involves more. Something that was very absent here.
          Saying otherwise is a very bad and frankly immature lesson only someone who has not actually realized there are two human beings in a relationship would defend. Only people tended towards one-sided love would defend this, and even among those there would be critics as they know how destructive it is.
          If she meant it the friendship way and it was left at that however, this would’ve been the epiphany of her character maturing and surpassing unfounded obsession. Of course this was destroyed a couple of chapters later as at that point she’s even willing to affiliate herself with someone who would’ve destroyed her whole being, literally herself, her family, her dreams, her friends, if it weren’t for the guy who wasn’t even granted the screentime to explain himself towards her, nevermind him being the main character.

Why would anyone be happy about this? Except if they had obsessed over it from part 1 that they’d end up together because of a desperate girl crying and holding on to an unrealistic expectation of a person she later Still doesn’t understand ( do they expect people to think she is psychic later on? ) as they blatantly ignored all the rejection, violence and all the progress they both made. Away from each other.
          It was only through realizing he doesn’t belong in Konohagakure Sasuke found a way to live with his families loss ( if you care to read his novel, as fillers now apparantly count, this amplifies this is not an inhumane choice, so calling this a rash state of mind will not excuse this. They probably will defy his character to excuse their imposing of unnatural development, but in the past 15 years Sasuke might have fallen into darkness, but what held him together was never clouded ).
          It is only through protecting Naruto, Konohagakure, overcoming desperate whiny behavior, standing up for herself and Naruto’s dream that sakura found a reason to be strong. Sasuke visibly made her weak ( if you want you can take it as far as Naruto and Sasuke being portrayed as the opposites of each other, which happened btw ), this can not be excused with fillers without going into manga history as the most OoC character twist ever.

They are not connected, certainly not on that level, only in the past her obsessions remain. A past Sasuke needs to accept and forget to move on. This was very clear throughout the story. And this is exactly what Sasuke said. Even if he would accept/learn to live with his past, making a direct, very unknowledgeable translation of it, ignoring the bigger picture of what “accepting the past” means as a basis for future happiness ( and a lesson for readers ), by marrying him off to someone that reminds him of his past ,and someone who does not consider him at all outside of her own expectations and her selfish happiness she felt in that same past, instead of pushing him towards a life of his own is an Appalling message to readers who were victims of trauma. Maybe you haven’t the ability or the experience to understand this, but it truly is a fact.

His words are not respected whatsoever. Their progression was turned into a full regression. And it is very disappointing to see so many unable to grasp the story.
          If you would’ve understood Sasuke’s character and the way he was going you would not be satisfied with him being a throphy to a village he despised. Because giving up on crawling in hatred, accepting the fact that you love your friend and he has loved you, does not mean losing sight of your own values. Destroying Konohagakure is wrong and wanting to carry all the harted as a burden is also, indeed. However, him surpassing that hatred, being humble and respecting Konohagakure as it is connected to the dream of his best friend does Not mean he should affiliate and bend over instantly. Does reuniting team 7 really mean them living together in the same village? No it doesn’t. That’s the whole point of Sasuke. It’s learning how to deal with loss, being able to move on, dealing with revenge, hatred and loneliness, opening up your mind and setting off to a better future instead of blaming the past. Not settling down to a friend, not returning to a place you and your family were never welcome.
          Even if he knows he is welcome, that should not tie him down. What good does that do him? Is his character solely made to be a parasite on Naruto’s empathy towards him? Is the rest to Sasuke’s development how he bottles up his feelings inside about him being confronted with his past for the rest of his life so he has to run away from it?
          I’m sorry I thought more of him.
          I actually thought Kishimoto had a descent lesson going on there.
          A friend who accepts another no matter what, wants to help him deal with the misery and loneliness so he can see him smile again.
          And a friend who struggles with himself, can’t accept his futility and acts out wrongfully but in his mind justified, to be confronted by another that reassures him he doesn’t have to as he is welcome with him no matter what he does.
          Does that mean they have to be tied down to the same thing? That one can’t make a life of his own? I’m afraid the most mature of friendships are those that surpass place and time.

People with a needy attitude get slapped on the wrist. This is a fact. This is not a personality trait that’s thought of to be positive. Yet this is glorified at last minute in this story, for what? Let me make a guess and say they needed “kids” for future benefits.
          Don’t try to deny it, as you’ll be buying toys with their faces on it a couple of months from now.

This is not a positive message, and I’ve only described it very compounded for one single character that frankly was disrespected most. This is not a positive, well-thought out ending to a story that inspired fans 15 years in a row with every single piece of information they added. It got richer and richer, to be plucked from its value in the end.

This manga ending divided a fandom, this manga ending made others insult and bring out the worse in them. Made people lose faith in others for their behavior. I’ve seen some despicable things. These are not even 5 year olds, these are mostly grown ups as it is a story that has aged with its audience. That fact alone should make you very disappointed. Even if you haven’t the ability to understand why, you should be able to see the aftermath.

If this entire manga would have been written to mislead every single reader as an incentive, and we knew about it. Nobody would’ve read it. Not even you, as this ending was just an immature guessing game that could’ve fucked you over equally well, which it did. But does not phase many as it was all about pairings to them, pairings which were none other than figments of their imagination. As every “relationship”, but those of friendship, had an unhealthy component that is now ignored, officially, for selfish benefit.
          Why not read it? Because people prefer well-developed stories, not stories that backtrack to the moral level of a children’s playbook in the end.
          I’m not even joking about this as chapter 700 could be used as a ” spot the differences ” playbook.
          If that satisfies you, fine. But don’t expect others to overlook how poor it is. Don’t expect others not to be insulted when they were flat-out betrayed as they did not see underdeveloped romance in a story which portrayed a female’s crush to be destructive and unhealthy. And a boy’s love and persistance to be a force that made 15 years worth of story happen. A boy that has been left unheard.

Slayer (3 years ago)

I never the understood the whole “Kishi did this for the money” thing. NaruSaku fans keep claiming that more people wanted Naruto and Sakura to end up together (especially from Japan apparently), but that sorta contradicts a lot of them saying that Kishi did it for money. Kishi would have known which of the two pairings (NaruHina and NaruSaku) was more popular, meaning he would have chosen the most popular paring ending for money. If he did it for money, why go the NaruHina route? He has stated in a few interviews that he wanted Naruto and Hinata to end up all along. I mean, why would he make Hinata so in love with Naruto and then have her basically vanish off like someone who never existed?

I used to ship NaruHina until about halfway through the series which is when I realized something. In terms of character, neither Sakura nor Hinata actually did anything major to develop his character (until the last movie that is). If he should end up with a person who developed his character the most, it would either be Jiraiya, Sasuke, or himself. I personally thought he should be by himself but Kishi (you know, the guy who came up with the idea of Naruto and the story) thought he should get married, so Kishi married him with who Kishi wanted him to be with. Thanks to that mindset, I was in no way upset with the ending

Why create Karin?

As for the money, I have no idea who is more popular. Haven’t made statements about this either, so no idea why you directed this towards my comment. But okay.
          I know flaky fans buy more product. That is all. As for why I think people are using this money argument.
          It is a fact the series could’ve had a well-rounded ending, however they went with creating pairings in a way they extracted the most children out of it, living in the same area so they can repeat the whole story. Ignoring logic. That’s the money part.

Don’t mistake displeased fans for fools for not knowing who Kishimoto is and who created the manga or acting self-righteous about how you learned to live with the ending. That little stab was unnecessary.
          I personally do not know him, nor will I project my dissatisfaction or problems onto him to call out others for being disrespectful towards my own sensibilities, as I have seen many do. I also do not know what his influence was, what his choice was at this point. He wrote a 15 year long story that now has gotten twisted, I find it eerily strange. I know media is directed towards an audience with certain motivations in mind. I know people in Japan won’t disrespect their superiors easily. I know media attention is a game.
          But lets assume Kishimoto still held the strings.
          He put himself out there for 15 years to be criticized. If he chooses for an unfair ending to his story ( talking about characters, not pairings as frankly I think an open ending would’ve suited a shōnen story like Naruto best ) he chooses the consequences.
          Him losing respect after telling fans he mislead them for 15 years is nothing if not normal. Him losing respect for disrespecting his fans and characters also. Him not second-guessing himself about the moral values to be spread also. He admitted he does not have a clue how to make ss-er shit into butterflies, so he must realize himself something is off. If he does not, he is oblivious and frankly he must’ve lucked out for 15 years with all these seemingly knowledgeable moral lessons throughout the story.
          Simple as that. If I was a writer I’d be honored if my fans loved my work more than I did if I failed it. That would give me hope that my writings meant something.
          However, I would never try and harvest the hate of every woman or anti-domestic violence activist out there by choosing to portray women in a despicable way, to begin with. I’d automatically avoid that, take a huuuuge circle around it. Sexism should be pretty obvious a topic right now. I also would not want victims of trauma or difficult pasts/presents to despise me. I’d want to help them conquer their problems by using my tiny contribution to the world as a postive fictional inspiration.

Oh well, guess not everyone cares about the equality/integrity of their fanbase.

TTrasengan (3 years ago)

@Lies, I really don’t get how you guys have the time to type so much. I don’t have the time to read all you post. With regard to the part I did read, yes I say Chatte is delusional because well quite frankly it was. I mean that genjutsu theory and all that she came up with, was at the end of the day, delusional…even more so now with all spoilers that leaked. I just stated a fact, and it did come across childish, and spoiled. I got really harsh when she attacked the authors character based on her bitterness from NS not being canon. That was at the end of the day a very tasteless, classless move. You can’t expect to say well it’s ok for her to run down the author for X reasons, and when I run her down for Y reasons it’s unacceptable. At the end of the day Lies all I can say is you seem to have a lot of time on your hands, and you try too hard to be something you’re clearly not. I.E. you’re not as smart as you try to come off or even a reasonable person. So how about this… tone it down :)

Lies (3 years ago)

You feel like a big boy insulting people again? You truly have proven yourself as a sorry excuse of a human being. Even when trying to make sense you are unable to.
          Please stop trying you are fooling only yourself. Everyone can tell this is yet another pathetic attempt to make yourself feel better.
          I mean, I write a lot? Lol no shit. So? Some people love to read and write. Chatte is displeased and criticizing something open for critique on her own Personal blog? Wow call the cops.
          Don’t try to fake as if you were respectful towards anyone. You can’t even keep that up for longer than one sentence.

Also, undermining intelligence is a very lowlife blow of someone that has simply nothing left to excuse their own insecurity. I truly have seen no one with any maturity say such a thing. Do not expect me to be anything other than amused by that pitiful attempt. You can’t even read what I said but you belief you have the ability to judge, you have said many times you aren’t even willing to show another the respect of reading the content of their message because, I can only assume by your behavior, you avoid anything you wouldn’t be able to negatively respond to or ” win ” from, and you can’t even express yourself without insulting and/or ridiculing someone else, what intelligence am I to expect from you?
          You are nothing more than someone who vents to feel better about themselves. You’ll twist and turn, insult others, do whatever is needed to sleep through another night.
          That is who you portray yourself to be. If you are not, I suggest you start working on yourself. But I doubt you even have the ability to reflect upon yourself, without feeling personally attacked.

I’m sure that childish post below does not at all have anything to do with frustration.

TTrasengan (3 years ago)

Lol Lies I never said you’re stupid, I said you’re not as intelligent as you try so hard to put across in your posts. It’s not meant as an insult just an observation. Also I’m not insecure about anything Lies, I’m quite comfortable in my shoes, and just call BS when I see BS. So you can perceive things however you wish to, take my comments however you wish to, but at the end of the day anything you regard within my comments as an insult is of your own doing, not of my own.

Nice try.
          However, you’ve already proven yourself so this is, yet again, a petty attempt to justify your insults.
          Don’t try to withdraw your nails when you’ve clawed them in everyones face on this blog.
          It’s ridiculously obvious what your intentions are. Putting on a monocle, a tophat and a moustache won’t make you look classy, sir.
          Your “highhorse” act is very clear in the comment to Lori below also, so you must’ve been in one of those “moods”. Lori who, indeed, has already commented to your passive agressive arrogance. And even if not, you being compared to any hater on this page must speak for itself regarding your behavior.

Why don’t you read posts properly before you claim to have made observations. The tough guy ” I don’t read bs ” act doesn’t exactly add to the ” I make observations ” act.
          But what to expect, like I said, you’ll swing around and twist it until you come out as the big boy who’s “right”.

Please, it’s getting obvious to the point I won’t even respond anymore.
          How oblivious and petty can any one person be. Hope your sole little world is victorious when you’re right-fighting yourself.

TTrasengan (3 years ago)

Lies you have way too much time on your hands, and sorry but Lori went looking for it lol. Lies you overanalyze things and where your heart on your sleeve. Either stop acting like you’re a know it all when you’re so far off it’s embarrassing. You try way too hard. Relax, breathe, and get back to the real world where someone might actually care to read and hear your overly long opinions, because quite frankly, I don’t. :)

TTrasengan (3 years ago)

PS Lies, if I had as much time on my hands as you to write a bunch of meaningless words that most people don’t really care about (if anyone does at all), I would do something a little more constructive like write a book or something. You know, so you don’t come across as such a waste of space on this planet. Funny you talk about insults, but isn’t that what you’ve been doing all along? Lol funny you don’t see how much you contradict yourself despite trying sooooo desperately hard to be so “above it all”. But you can enjoy your small little meaningless world, cuz you’re the only person who does.

Lies (3 years ago)

Couldn’t help but prove me right about you, could you?
          Whatever sense you think you made, it made you seem like a spiteful arrogant little dipshit who yet again can’t properly behave itself and who’s only capability is to slander people he can’t even remember the names of once the verbal vomit is out. Big suprise there.

Lori (3 years ago)

I really don’t know how many times I’m going to need to put you in your place. I still cannot believe you’re here. Every time, man. Every. Single. Bloody. Time. Chatte posts something, and you stalk on her blog like it’s your religion. How old are you, like 14, 15? Do you not have anything better to do with your time then argue with people over fictional characters? It’s obvious you must sleep alone at night in cold sheets. You’re the most immature person ever. I don’t get it. Do you feel threatened by Chatte? Is that why you keep clicking on her blog and reading her posts? Are you afraid that she’ll attract more people because of her theories? Do you feel relieved now that she has left? Or maybe are you in love with her? Leave her alone. Everyone has the right to express their opinions. She’s not shoving her opinions down anyone’s throats nor has she ever. She has never crossed tagged or started any drama. She merely speaks her mind in her own territory for anyone who wants to listen. It’s not her fault that you don’t agree with it. It’s your own fault for going on her blogs and reading her disagreements. Every. Single. Time. You keep trying to argue and disagree like you want to prove her wrong when fact is, she doesn’t care and will always feel strongly about her opinions. Can’t you accept that? Obviously you must be horrible at debates in reality because all you ever do is argue argue argue and never try to see the logic of the other side. You need to come to the realization that everyone in this world has different opinions and views of things. That is the way God created us. With different minds that make us who we are.

TTrasengan (3 years ago)

@ Lori, put me in my place? LOL, first of all, who are you? Why would anything you say mean anything to me? Humble yourself kid, you’re not wise enough to put anyone in their place. Beyond that, this is the first time, as far as I can recall, I’ve even realized you ever replied to any of my comments, so to say “again” lol, I never even noticed you to begin with. Which says a lot about you right off the bat. Anyway with regard to all you said. You’re really delusional and showing how much of a Chatte fan you are, and showing in turn how much of a NS fan you are. To answer all of your “questions”.. no. Sorry I’m not as immature as you to feel anything of the things you listed. I’m just new to “shipping” and you can say this forum is the easiest to follow as compared to some of the more layered Naruto forums. Also I was intrigued by how crazy Chatte reacted to Naruhina becoming canon, I mean it’s been reealllyy crazy lol. For me it’s basically just entertaining watching you guys try so hard lol.

anonymous (3 years ago)

TTrasengan: A fair amount of posts on 2ch about naruto claim(joke?) that the last is infinite tsukuyomi. The same thing happened when chapter 700 came out.

TTrasengan (3 years ago)

@ anonymous, only now seeing your post. I don’t really know about those posts you’re talking about, but I mean I just don’t see at all, where there’s room to squeeze in an infinite tsukuyomi at this point. I mean Kishi is already moving on to focusing on Bolt. I think that theory needs to be laid to rest at this point.

Leonard (9 months ago)

Naruto the last movie is not canon here’s my evidence first I’m going to ask you a question when did Naruto learn Shadow clone Jutsu when you answer the question correctly or incorrectly I’ll give you an answer or confirm if you’re right

Jazzy Jeff (3 years ago)

The staunchest defender of the Sakura and NaruSaku is retiring. I thought this day would never come. Kishimoto did not write the series to her selfish whims so it is suddenly horrible. Farewell and good riddance Chatte the fandom will not be affected by the departure of a biased hypocrite who deluded herself into believing the franchise belonged to her.

HalfDemonInuyasha (3 years ago)

He ended up writing it for Studio Pierrot’s selfish whims, which is why people from every walk of the fandom are angry.

Jazzy Jeff (3 years ago)

HalfDemonInuyasha (3 years ago)

One week, he said it was only 3 months before the ending that he decided to make it as it was.

The very next week, he then changed it to say “since the beginning”.

Jazzy Jeff (3 years ago)

I have no idea what lies you are spouting. Kishimoto stated he planned the ending ahead of time several times. He never wanted to create Sakura as a character his editor forced him to.

Lori (3 years ago)

Speaking of spouting lies, do you have proof of that? Show me and I’ll stop shipping narusaku. If nit, then you’re just full of shit. He never intended Sakura being a character you say? Haha which is why she became one if the main fucking characters in the series and the live interest of the main character motherfucker? If anything, Hinata must’ve have been unintentionally created since she was irrelevant the whole series lmao

Jazzy Jeff (3 years ago)

Kishimoto stated in his interviews he never intended to create her character and at one point he admitted he forgot about her.

Vic-San (3 years ago)

Huh you most actually be like age 10 to belief Kishimoto would not lie..to save his work..There is clear indication that someone force him to do this.. whether the jump magazine ending his contract or something else..if you have paid attention to the last arc you would have notice there are is like 1 Hinata moment to more then 2 from Sakura..

I belief his hand was force to end the manga in a fiasco follow up by the movie.. The story had a love triangle set up nicely and hard to break..it was never broken… it was tossed aside and made one of the girls to the toss of a dice the main girl.. Biggest problem the one chosen is not the driving force in the manga..This problem is not native to Kishimoto as an author is a flaw in many authors that use love/hate relationships with friends..They never know how to bring them together or they never know how to draw the line that they are only friends..

As it was stated the movie was a romance movie so all loops about romance should have been closed properly but never were..only one loop was close and was Hinata’s and to top with children..The manga had like 4 romance loops.. real romance loop not pervert yaoi or yuri one..
    Naruto Sakura.. Sasuke Karin.. Hinata Naruto
    Sakura Sasuke. Kishimoto close 1 loop and semi patch up the second one and left the other in the air..
    This can be fix but is gonna take awhile to do it.. and he is going on a break and already thinking on Naruto’s children movie while Naruto himself still in limbo with his relationships..

Vic-San (3 years ago)

//Jazzy Jeff (9 hours ago)
    Every interview he has given states he planned the ending for several years. The only fandom angry are NaruSaku tards who believe the series should be written as they desire.//

If you care to look up the interviews .. like someone said Kishimoto has been changing his story a lot.. Either he has Alzheimer or very bad memory of what he states…

so who is telling the truth? His movie talks about time periods that predate the manga.. Hinata could not have been bullied since she had a bodyguard just like Konohamaru.. I dont know but been said the movie states he was already doing singles copy jutsu prior to the academy.. . you see how the lies are building up.. we all know he could not do a single freaking jutsu cause his chakra flow was mess up..we all know he could not do 1 complete clone which is why Iruka fail him at the school.. we know that he mastered multi clone after learning it from the forbidden scroll.. multi clone was his first fully complete jutsu.. why cause it use all his chakra and is divided thru all .. one single clone before this would not work cause of his immense chakra pool..Multi clonning taught him how to divide his chakra equally…. is Kishimoto lying you bet he is cause now he got save face for his upcoming projects..

lel (3 years ago)

“Take face value on this he has said different time frames as well from when he started to write the end.. his assistant said he started to do this 8 years ago.. he has said he had the script re-written several times… ”
      you’re messing up what he said, the “8 years ago” comment is in reference to the final fight (sasunaru manga fight). the “re-written script” is in reference to the movie itself, SP gave him a script of the movie and he made a lot of changes until it fitted his standards.
      one thing i will say is that kishi doesn’t think about the “how ” of the pairings, he just pairs them up, whenever someone asks about the ships he always says that “he decided” a long time ago, but since he is embarrased about romance, he doesn’t write how the pairings happen. if it wasn’t for SP we will still be up in the air about how NH happened. but NH would be canon regardless.

Vic-San (3 years ago)

Still doesnt change the fact that he established NS before Hinata was even in the manga.. And when you suck at something you ask for help .. or for other options or leave it alone.. but Kishimoto push one relationship further then any other girl wise with Naruto..

He should have made Hinata from the start.. and Hyuga clan have more influence then any other.. if that is how the manga or the story was gonna finish there spanish saying “Horse racing but donkey stopping..” This is how the manga feels right now.. so much throttle to stop like a donkey.. flat on your butt.. with something wrongly developed..or sort like building a katana with aluminun rather the steel..

Jazzy Jeff (3 years ago)

Anon (3 years ago)

//Kishimoto is telling the truth because it is his series that he spent 15 years writing and he did not sellout but remained true to his plan. //

This is a circular argument.

Slayer (3 years ago)

I fail to see how it is a circle argument. Unless you meant that other people could just circle back around to it, rather than the statement circling back around.

Anon (3 years ago)

@Slayer
          You fail to see how ‘he’s telling the truth because he stayed true to his plans’ when said plans are what is being questioned is circular?

-_-

Vic-San (3 years ago)

//Kishimoto is telling the truth because it is his series that he spent 15 years writing and he did not sellout but remained true to his plan. You have a lot of nerve to claim his assistants said something when your fandom is sending death threats and accusations that they falsified the ending because they did not glorify Sakura. Naruto could use techniques he could not do them properly he did create the Sexy Technique. Your romantic moments for Sakura are deluded she proclaimed she still loves Sasuke indirectly in 540 and directly in 693. You Sakuratards and your double standards are repulsive.//

I am not glorifying anything but I am following what Kishimoto stated in the beginning of team 7 see underneath the underneath.. and Chunnin written exam Ninjas are bout conceal and gathering information..

Base on those two rules alone you will find more information written in between the line visually and textually..

Base on the manga.. Naruto stated he loved Sakura in chapter 3.. but you tent to dimissed that chapter entirely as many for crush/infatuation whatever..

Why did Naruto went after Sasuke?
        Sakura promise of life time
        Promise to Itachi..

Yes Sakura’s promise of lifetime influence Naruto to get Sasuke back.. but the unwillingness of Sasuke returning made this harder and harder.. Before this promise Naruto has nothing obligating him to search for Sasuke

If you follow manga timeline as been written and published Hinata is not there at all till 34 chapters later.. while on first 33 chapters there are several citings of the relationship of Sakura and Naruto.. and if you dont know is common sense to seek the one you love regardless if you make a promise or not .. all I said Naruto confirm his feelings for Sakura in chapter 3.. and thru out the manga he is been doing several dumb ideas only to make Sakura happy.. why cause he loves her and wants to make her happy even if she doesn’t love him.. how hard is that understand.. One side love turns in kinda like a guardin over the one who is not returning your love.. Mainly you want them happy and want to protect them.. that is Naruto’s one side love..
        very different from Hinata’s one side love where she hides herself and stalks the one she loves.. Sakura’s one side love is the one where no matter what the man does she still forgives him..even trying to kill him.. Sasuke is not in love with anybody he is full of hate.. freaking Sage God said best.. in 693 talking to Kakashi..Sasuke heart is full of hate cause of love for his dead family that is all he cares for.. even when Sasuke is holding Sakura graphically uncolor-untouch page shows that she gives him a caring look .. while his is cold heart full of hate.. that is a SS moment but is sad as hell..

Sakura has indirectly return Naruto’s feelings putting herself in his shoes.. after Sasuke told her off..RTN seeing the other side of the coin what is to live with your parents dead..This has made Sakura see him in other light .. how he tireless seeks to get Sasuke back .. how he goes out his way to extreme to help others

There many clues given about this but many dismiss them that is sad … I am not an NS fan alone I am a Naruto Fan that read the story differently then you understood it differently then you..

Slayer (3 years ago)

@ anon Ah, my bad. I was seeing the the whole thing in a different perspective. My apologies

Hemant (3 years ago)

Lol stray dogs are here to bark again

Jazzy Jeff (3 years ago)

Did you finally realize what you are hemant? Congratulations the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem.

Lies (3 years ago)

Guys, don’t even read their bullshit.
All it does is prove what kind

Of people they are.

RamenLover (3 years ago)

Beauty (or crap) is in the eye of the beholder, friends.

Itadakimasu~

Jazzy Jeff (3 years ago)

RamanLover:
    Thanks for that wisdom. I can apply that to Chatte’s disgusting and hypocritcal blog writings.

Kira (3 years ago)

A few questions:

LOL well I guess there are plenty of extra questions there too but I’m really curious how this conclusion affects a fan who was a big shipper but also loved Naruto(the character) himself as well as few others like Sakura.

Lies (3 years ago)

Give the Japanese original interview.
    I accept no translations. Japanese original.
    I need to know if kishimoto really didn’t think more of Sasuke than a pairing fodder. That his whole journey was futile as he would have to be killed off in an instant if he were not to become a desperate endgame.
    That would be the last bit of respect out the window.

Or did you not realize this yourself when you wrote it?

Slayer (3 years ago)

I think he was referring to a metaphorical situation with with the second paragraph. It could be that you just skipped past the first word of that paragraph: “If”. We all know Sasuke was never fodder of any kind. He was usually the focus of Naruto’s attention from basically the beginning.

Lies (3 years ago)

My apologies. I assumed that was already a new thing that happened
        I did see only the negative value of this ridiculing question.

Vic-San (3 years ago)

//1. Would you still love Naruto(the character) if he confessed to Sakura but was turned down and yet kept loving her forever though was shown depressed after she married Sasuke? Would you feel contempt for him due to him “losing”, hate “only” the manga itself/Kishi for such an ending, or Sakura for doing that to Naruto?//

The fact that I started to watch/read anime/manga was cause of Naruto.. Cant recall what year.. (I been cartoon addicted since birth..) Yes I am lucky enough to seen Lone Ranger in black and white and few others in country of birth re-runs).. still black and white.. So going back to the question I would still have I am addicted to Martial Arts as well and the “honor garbage”(Pat Morita, Miyagi Sensei RIP) :P.. Naruto did confess to Sakura but not directly more indirectly on chapter disguise as Sasuke.. Naruto ask her how she feels about him.. What I don’t really like how Kishimoto holds Naruto back emotionally..Naruto doesn’t complaint or rages romantically he is more shock, tries to see/turns the other way but is in painfully obvious in his visual emotions.. Every time there is tear jerking moment he never responds like any other male would.. having a fit..
    For what I saw in 700 Naruto is absentee dad.. he cares more for Hokage duties then his own family I do foresee him cheating on Hinata..Whether is Sakura or someone else hard to tell given how the manga ended but Sakura is not happy either all other couples were shown together to the exception Lee/Tenten and the main pair..but that would be a more adult theme..

//2. If Kishi said that there was an option for NS to happen but he would need to kill Sasuke to do so, would you try to make a petition to have Sasuke killed so NS can happen?//

Upto 699 The pairs were hard to guess
    cause given there was no final pair at all till 700.. I did notice 4 pairings NaruSaku Karin-Sasu.. as one pair and the other HinaNaru and SakuSasu.. 700 ended with HinaNaru/SakuSasuKarin.. Sarada looks more like Karin then Sakura.. There is no indication that Sakura is her Biological mother..her use of sakura same rambling word is no indication of being her biological mother..If SakuSasu were the parents that kid would not use glasses to early to know if she inherit the sharingan which will make her blind..and her hair/color style would differ a lot
    other hint Sasuke is away looking for something or something has call his attention..
    Kishi do not need to kill Sasuke to do it.. Sasuke is clueless why Sakura loves him so much.. he doesn’t know the forehead kiss fantasy.. He just flips her head like Itachi use to do to him to brush him off..but is no relation to the fantasy he is clueless..

//3. What is your take overall on the manga aside from the NaruSasuSaku romantic triangle and its themes? Since hardly every chapter was devoted to that how did you enjoy those fights and stuff like SasuIta bond, the quest for world peace, the Obito reveal, etc? Did you feel that it was ruining the manga but you kept reading because you loved so much the romance aspect in this manga? Or maybe you enjoyed it all but the romantic twist left such a sour taste in your mouth that you cannot enjoy stuff like that anymore?//

Sasuke got off easy .. The fight between him and Naruto was weak.. even though they both lost an arm..the had a better fight as kids.. Talk no jutsu was powerful in that fight more then violence..a fight over rivalry or over Sakura was insinuated but I don’t think it happen in the movie.. In my opinion the end of the manga fell more yaoi then anything lol cause he saves Sasuke but doesnt put a fight for Sakura.. and all hints that lead to a fight over Sakura are lost in the movie as only reflects one aspect of the romance plot that was in the whole manga.
    Most of us were expecting Naruto kissing Sakura forehead which would have broken NS or bonded for life..but that outcome was never written or done.. everything was leading to that..
    Positive pairing NS/KS where Naruto does full-fill all he wanted.. negative what we got in the end in actuality

anonymous (3 years ago)

It’s already past 10 PM in Japan. Subtracting out the opening weekend out of first week, I estimate that The Last: Naruto the Movie sold around 175,323 tickets. This is considerably less than what I estimate RtN sold Monday – Friday of its first week: approx. 201,341 tickets.

If we compare both first weeks, and without factoring out the opening weekends, I estimate that The Last: Naruto the Movie is currently outperforming RtN by 40%. Another drop in outperformance: 75%->56%->40%.

Anyway these are my estimates. A couple of movies open tomorrow in Japan and things might become more interesting after the weekend. Hopefully they give us the official results on monday like they did for last week.

TTrasengan (3 years ago)

I’ll like to take a moment to be a bit immature myself. Naruhina is CANON!! Naruhina is CANON!!! Naruhina is CANON!!! Narusaku are just friends!! Narusaku are just friends!! Narusaku are just friends!! Naruhina have a family!! They’re so in love!! YAAYYY!!! lol…I’m sorry, I truly am, I couldn’t resist doing that just once lol.

Lori (3 years ago)

Yup I was right, you are a kid. That explains why you keep coming back. But congrats on NaruHina being cannon! :) I hope you keep replaying your shojou movie to be reminded that 110 minutes is the only way Naruto and Hinata ever fell in love.

Vic-San (3 years ago)

Well NS has been cannon since what chapter 3.. we only needed Naruto to do something more meaningful then stupid scarf.. a simple kiss on Sakura’s head which would have destroy HN long time ago.. and Since all events leading to HN happens while the Tsukyomi idea was around it could be dismiss like that lol..

Jazzy Jeff (3 years ago)

NS is not official. Sakura loves Sasuke and always will. Vic-San you cannot even spell canon right. The kiss on the head must be a delusion caused by your time in the Infinite Tsukuyomi.

Lori (3 years ago)

NaruHina fans are fucking delusional. Even though Chatte leaves with her final word they STILL want to argue smdh glad I left this series. Y’all can have your shit ending. I’m going to a fandom that makes sense.

Mat (3 years ago)

You mean a non-canon one such as like those who created Shikanachu?

Despite the fact that some consider him Naruto and Sakura’s canon child, which is both sad and creepy as people would rather live in denial than reality, I will admit he is one of much better drawn ones.

Lies (3 years ago)

Just amplified Lori’s statement there.
      Also, get your facts straight. We’d almost start to wonder what else you read towards your own likings.
      Now pat yourself on the head for showing what a big boy you are stalking chatte’s page to insult people with fierce passion.

Mat (3 years ago)

Actually I’ve been going to deviant art for years now and that’s where they are. Also how is it considered stalking when people post them on this site and make these comments for people to see? Also it’s ok for people to go ahead and insult our fandom for being canon, that’s mostly what this is about, and some going on how they are not canon and that the true canon pairing is NaruSaku with their child Shikanachu.

Yeah, I am really delusional. I am just commenting on the others comments not Chatte. I know she left, so what, I am not allowed here anymore? It’s a free country.

^^^^^^^^
          Repeat.

Extra:
          If you specifically go searching for it, everything can be taken as a personal attack. Even a driver pulling up next to you at a red light can be taken as hurtful towards your sensibilities if you make enough of a big deal out of it in your mind.
          I’m sure that free country of yours doesn’t completely revolve around your own ass.
          And you realize what choice is.
          Imagine this: you have a blog and you write your own thoughts down. Then people go spamming you with insults and defiance and claim its justified as your blog was insulting towards their sensibilities first, when your blog was never even intended towards them. But okay, you deal with it. Freedom of speech and all. But they keep on coming back and making it a personal goal to bring whatever you say down, disagreeing to disagree just cause its you saying it.
          Their own choice to confront themselves with it and make it such a personal matter, right? You won’t take em serious either, right? Lets be real. It’s predictable and tiresome after a while.

If you don’t realize this, give up cause you’re backtracking.

EE (3 years ago)

Lies, you’re stalking people who have a different opinion. You talk in this comment section far more than anyone else. You also actually believe Kishi is a liar and that’s why the manga didn’t end the way you wanted. Kishi has stated the manga was going to end the way it did and he planned it years ago, if you don’t believe him then you’re accusing him of lying. Innocent until proven guilty.

Lies (3 years ago)

What response do you expect?
          Should I even cause this is just generalised NS prejudice you’re personally projecting on to me to make some kind of point that should make me come off as the bad guy stalking you guys on a blog that’s written for people like me. Lol wtf

Don’t ask me shit if you’re gonna cry out stalking if I respond. I didn’t ask you to ask me shit. Accept your own consequences.

anonymous (3 years ago)

Mat: I prefer Kasumi:

Basically she has naruto’s face and sakura’s eyes. I could see her with the same personality and mannerisms that kushina had as a child. I could also see her sort of acting like konohamaru did before hiruzen’s death since her father is hokage.

It would be interesting see some manga panels of her in konohamaru-esque adventures.

Mat (3 years ago)

I don’t care about NaruSaku but I don’t hate it. I like to debate problem is what I don’t like is when people bash a character or given biased theories or don’t accept the truth or try to twist information to their own advantage without proof to back up their claims. You wanna claim something fine, but when you claim something but back it up with stuff that is clearly wrong I will debate it.

Freedom of speech works both ways, a person can be criticized on what they say. Much like what Chatte can be criticized on what she post so can I. But you however made the assumption that I am stalking without any proof. I’ve none about this stuff for years before I even met Chatte.

Rex Julius (3 years ago)

” I cannot feel anything but betrayal from the writer I so respected and defended for so many years.”

And did it ONLY becaseu of your shipping fetish!

And before “no, I did because bla-bla-bla, but the ending itself” crap, I WAS ALREADY WARNING EVERYONE THAT SINCE NARUTO JUST ANOTHER FASHION LONG-RUNNING SHONEN FIGHT MANGA THE ENDING WILL BE THE SAME CRAPPY AS KINNIKUMAN’S, HOKUTO NO KEN’S, KENICHI’S AND DRAGON BALL Z MANGAS!

“For so many years, when people picked on Masashi Kishimoto and Naruto, I would quickly jump like a bullet out of the gun to immediately defend the author along with the series, no matter the flaws from here and there.”

Yes, I remember too when you and mostly NaruSaku shippingers called me a Bleach-retard and sent me to hell. ;/

“Studio Pierrot managed to absolutely destroy”

And when people believe that mankind can’t be more stupid.

Just to remind you that Kishimoto was already the most powerful mangaka, meaning he could anytime blackmailing the publishers and animators that if they don’t do what he wants he just leaves to another magazine and gives the rights to another animation studio.

So don’t act like SP is somekind of super evil corporation. ;P

“Naruto series was ruined.”

Yes, BUT UNLIKE YOUR LIES IT HAS BEEN RUINED RIGHT AFTER THE ENDING OF THE KAKASHI GAIDEN, STARTING WITH THE FIRST ASS-PULLS LIKE MAKING A PSYCHOP MASS-MURDERER INTO A VILLAGE LEADER INSTEAD OF HIS STRONG, TACTICAL AND MOST IMPORTANTLY SANE BADASS OLDER SISTER JUST TO MAKE EMO FANGIRLS CUM.

“As you guys know, I always had a love-hate relationship with Sasuke Uchiha.”

Yeah, of course, you hated him because the chances of SasuSaku and the fact that even in chapter 539 + 540 Sakura was still loving Sasuke. ;P

“This Naruto it’s not the Naruto I followed and supported so many years.”

And only because Naruto didn’t ****** Sakura. XD ;P

“I bid you farewell Masashi Kishimoto. I am not going to miss you, just your creation! Thank you for giving it to us, but shame on you for using us like this. After all, we were nothing but tools for your road to success…”

Oh, sure, because he just wrotte your shitty manga and created your shitty Rie Kugimiya Style Tsundere-Lolio X Retard Slave Boy shipping fetish! XD

And that last 3 words of you were supposed to be a parallel to Road To Ninja aka Road To Fanservice? ;P

“you took them away from us/yourself and gave it to Studio Pierrot so that they can mess with them in the ugliest possible way.”

LOL, what about your post about “unlike Toriyama Kishimoto and the brilliant Studio Pierrot will work together in order to complete the series as the evil WSJ didn’t gave Kishimoto more chapters” bullcrap months ago? ;P

I stopped taking you serious at the “shipping fetish” thing.

Rex Julius (3 years ago)

“Studio Pierrot managed to absolutely destroy”

And when people believe that mankind can’t be more stupid.

So don’t act like SP is somekind of super evil corporation. ;P

“Naruto series was ruined.”

Yes, BUT UNLIKE YOUR LIES IT HAS BEEN RUINED RIGHT AFTER THE ENDING OF THE KAKASHI GAIDEN, STARTING WITH THE FIRST ASS-PULLS LIKE MAKING A PSYCHOPATH MASS-MURDERER INTO A VILLAGE LEADER INSTEAD OF HIS STRONG, TACTICAL AND MOST IMPORTANTLY SANE BADASS OLDER SISTER JUST TO MAKE EMO FANGIRLS CUM.

“As you guys know, I always had a love-hate relationship with Sasuke Uchiha.”

“This Naruto it’s not the Naruto I followed and supported so many years.”

And only because Naruto didn’t ****** Sakura. XD ;P

Guy (3 years ago)

-Is it wrong to hope a series can actually end on a good note? Naruto had potential , it reamined untouched though.

-And I disagree on the DBZ series having a crappy ending. It was satisfying, DBZ is a simple series, simple plot resolutions and simple theme. Naruto got it wrong when it tried to introduce complex plot points and wasnt able to give following to it, then these plot points were forgotten and some of them even retconned.

-Kishimoto is a naive guy who cares mostly about money than anything else, the prospect of him somehow selling out due to a perceived popularity isn’t far off the mark

-No . Naruto series was ruined after the corruption of plot themes that happened mainly after the pein arc. Ealrly part 2 had problems for sure, but it had potential

-Until right about 693 all pairings were one sided and had possibilty to happen, kishimoto played and teased with all the fandoms too keep pairing fans interest alive

-??? Don’t know what you are talking about estabilishing the characters as carboad cutouts “Rie Kugimiya Style Tsundere-Lolio X Retard Slave Boy shipping fetish! XD”
        I mean, yeah..because in the end all characters have to be inside a 2d role, they can’t be complex characters at all

littletalks (3 years ago)

really? you guys seem sooo sure kishi sold out. any definite evidence? solid proof? why cant you just accept that the end game was planned a long time ago, at the very least since 2 yrs. ago…you know movie prod takes that long and its impossible to just change the endgame in a snap. is it because its easier to accept that the author is to blame and not, oh i dont know, not having your end game correct?? and lets not cover the dismay due to plot and development please. be honest that at the root of all these bitchings are because of ships

Guy (3 years ago)

Well if he really planned the ending 2 years ago then, man, he is really dumb because pairings aside, the ending was a rushed mess either way, the aftermath of the war was lacking, Naruto’s role as the one who would bring peae was brushed over and we got a half assed chapter full of art mistakes XD
          Wow such planned ending. Marvelous indeed

I say he sold out and I didn’t say when, maybe he sould out after the beginning of the last production back in 2012, since the last was SP idea after all, and the idea of him “selling out” has a basis since in to interviews kishimoto talks about what he cares more/ what changed with the series popularity: money

And no, the endig wasn just bad because of the pairings, they were part of the problem of course but they were so many more. Truth be told the story aalready had some continuity and retco problems and the eding just made it worse. For example par 1 Naruto speaking out against destiny, turns out in part 2 he is reincarnation of a demi god and destiny’s child (LOL), then in the end after the foreshadowing he would somehow bring peace we didn’t even saw that, just some lame ass promotion of the next series

Accept it, maybe you only like the ending because yout pairings were canon uh @littletalks ?

Guy (3 years ago)

Sorry for the grammar mistakes, cell phone made it all wrong like always haha

Mustang Bundy (3 years ago)

“I found reason in it”

Then tell me: what was the reason Akatsuki not going after the Bijuus for 2-3 years?

Or what was the reason for Obito to “recruit” Sasuke if he not even use him for his goals?

“Up to chapter 698, this series was the series we all loved.”

LOL, what a troll.

Naruto manga was already killed when the Part 2 started with the explosions, shojo bishonens (Deidara, Sasori and the “teenager” males), unlogical craps (making Gaara to Kazekage instead of anyone else who didn’t killed more innocents than Sasuke who’s only victim were 2-3 samurais and criminals whom everyone wanted dead or nobody card, sending a muscle head team with no tracking skills to help Naruto and co to tracking down the Kazekage and other stuff) and so on.

So yeah, the entire Naruto train wrecked since chapter 245. The final chapter and the movie just finally confessed and revealed that only shipping kept this crap alive till now (NaruSaku, NaruHina, SasuSaku, SasuKarin etc) which is totally lame for a long running shonen fight manga, but looks like “fans” like you cared more about the shipping than everything else.

The problem was that Kishimoto instead of giving answers he just stretched things and the questions just gathered up.

So no, even if the ending is bad is not because NaruHina or SasuSaku, they had enough interactions and “development” comparing long running shonen fight mangas, the TRUE problem was that Kishimoto announced that only 5 chapters left and we already had 1000+ questions and the clever ones like me was not as blind as you to knowing that it won’t be satisfying to everyone. But no, you and tons of NaruSaku fans believed that crap that two 16 pages long chapters will be enough, while Naruto actually needed at least two more arc for it! But hey, you wanted that, because you believed that with only 5 chapters left behind NS cannot be non-canon.

“I bid you farewell Masashi Kishimoto. I am not going to miss you, just your creation! ”

And the hypocritism starts here. Until he made you believe NS will be canon you licked his asses, but once it didn’t happen despite it’s oblivious reasons you know hate him and even the franchise.

“After all, we were nothing but tools for your road to success…”

Maybe people asked before me, but is that a reference for “Road To Ninja”?

Guy (3 years ago)

I agree with you in part…but Naruto’s downfall didn’t began at part 2, it began after Pein arc.

Mustang Bundy (3 years ago)

“Nothing wrong with Deidara and Sasori as bishounens, really. The series already had Itachi at part 1″

Yeah, but with Sasori’s and Deidara’s appear the numbers of shojo bishonen characters are increased by each arcs after them, further, the old characters have been “bishonen-ised”. Most of the characters who are not wearing beards or tattos are all look like shojo bishonens.

Guy (3 years ago)

Huh…can you give an example?
        I mean after Deidara and Sasori we had
        Sai, Yamato, Hidan, Kakuzu, Tobi, The Pein’s, Nagato, Konan, Juugo, Suigetsu, Killer Bee…

From all these guys I only see Sai and maybe HIdan as bishonens, the rest were pretty creepy.
        But even so, the fact that the number of bishoujo characters got higher didn’t really affect what was important for the story. AKA: plot anc character development, these things began to FAIL after Pein arc

Shitimoto (3 years ago)

Shitimoto can just go to hell.
I stopped watching Naruto in the middle of the fight with whatshisname… the guy that controlls the 9 tails… Can’t believe i forgot his name… He was a legend for so long, and when he actually appeared, he was a complete sucker… Could have killed the WHOLE army with 1 attack, and just stood there and did nothing. There was NO excuse, he didn’t need an opportunity, we just saw it knocking people around just from APPEARING 2 seconds ago…. Welp, loved the pain arc, but this is just plain stupid.

When Toobi appeared for the first time, it was COMPLETELY obvious to me, that it was Obito. The put so much work into saying Tooooooooooooobi instead of Tobi… it was obviously spelled with 2 O and an anagram…
Few episodes later i talked with my buddy about this, and he was like “WHAT??? NO WAY! If that is true… that would be completely retarded” And i even suggested we make a bet…

Can’t believe that we were both right…
Who would have thought that Naruto goes downhill THIS fast?

Almost as fast as bleach, which went from awesone to garbage in 5 seconds IN THE MIDDLE OF AN EPISODE…
“Evil guy charges at a good girl, girl starts crying, you think *this is stupid… people that get killed don’t cry… … … oh* and you realize that the bad guy killed himself on her sword… pure awesome”
5 seconds later
“Ok son, let’s teach you the mighty spell of antagonist killing, while the bad guy just stands there and looks at us” WTF???
Why didnt you just use the aizen killen 1000 episodes ago if ALL it takes, is for one guy to give up his powers? Let the old fuck that leads soul society do that crap…

This is the most retarded thing i have ever seen in an anime. Main characters develop, and in the end, NOTHING they ever did, actually matters. And the only reason that this is the worst, is because i didn’t even watch the Naruto movie. Just saw a picture of an adult happy sasuke and thought… this can’t be right… even if he was alive, he would be an outlaw… Turns out… Nobody cares about him being a murderer, they just act as if nothing ever happened…

Nothing ever happened…
Seems to be a reoccurring theme in anime recently.
The whole story of bleach was pointless. Bad guy was just not stopped for the sake of having a story.
Naruto develops for years and years and years and in the end, we get a character, that seems to never have learned, what the character that WE WATCHED has learned…
If Naruto is a complete scumbag…
Sasuke is the evil beauty queen of konoha…
Sakura is Nr1. Sasuke fangirl…
Hinata is Nr1. Naruto fangirl…
WHY IN THE NAME OF JEBUS did we have ANY story between chapter 1 and 9000 or whatever?
They are all exactly where they started, and the characters that we grew to like, just disappeared.
And i thought this kind of stupidity was for fillers only…

I can only suggest to everyone what i do… When the stupidity becomes too unbearable, just vent a bit over the internet. There are some people that like the movie, here and there… Just rant on them… And if you ever meet Shitimoto, just grab him by the balls, firmly wrap your buttcheeks around his face, and…

…tell him what a nice guy he is…

Fengshui (3 years ago)

Yet after this article you made tons of Naruto related posts and as you wrotte in your Sakura one you will even writte more.

Can’t wait for laughing even more. Now running before your sheeps come at me.

So you are an SS fan in disguise. Ahahahahaha!

Fengshui (2 years ago)

LOL, nope and I can’t understand your logic how you came to this “conclusion” as I didn’t even mention Sasuke or SasuSaku.

Unless you believe that I am a nazi, but I hope you are not meant by that.

Fengshui (3 years ago)

Oh, and this:

“With their bias and deep involvement, Studio Pierrot managed to absolutely destroy a beautiful and wonderful series. Up to chapter 698, this series was the series we all loved.”

I don’t know if I should feel sorry of laughing at you.

First, Pierrot is just an animation studio, they don’t have any power over the original creator (only the editors, but the pros like Naoki Urasawa easily get rid of them while Kishimoto didn’t bothered with them too much), they are 100% under the power of the mangaka and if Kishimoto wanted he could easily both refuse the movie or break contract with them.

But he didn’t, because he liked the movie and wanted.

Second, you just foncessed that you never truly cared about the quality of Naruto as to you everything till chapter 698 are perfect and only the ending what you disliked, which was 2 chapters, meaning the reason why you read it was purely only shipping.

“I bid you farewell Masashi Kishimoto. I am not going to miss you, just your creation! Thank you for giving it to us, but shame on you for using us like this. ”

Lot of laughs, what a great fan!

Also, you have the least right to talk about tricking others! You, who sad “fake advertising NaruHina and lying to them is totally fine” – see all your Naruto The Last posts.

If you don’t understand the comments, better not address them. Studio Pierrot has no creation rights? Excuse you, with whom exactly Kishi did this movie? I think you need to re-read those latest interviews.
    As for the NH “post” it wasn’t a “post” but a “theory”. Learn to make the difference. Learn to make the difference between many things my friend, as your arguments are quite baseless. :)

Fengshui (3 years ago)

“Studio Pierrot has no creation rights? Excuse you, with whom exactly Kishi did this movie? I think you need to re-read those latest interviews.”

Sigh, looks like you either love twisting things or just taking them differently.

Fact: Kishimoto could refuse the entire movie if wanted.

Fact 2: Kishimoto could overwritte the entire script if wanted.

Fact 3: Animation studios have no power over the original creators. The only thing they can do are fillers, but they can do that only if the mangaka give it’s permission for it.

Fact 4: If a mangaka truly wants and already being famous can easily break up the contract with the animation studio even without the help of the manga’s publishers and sell the rights to another one.

You can twist anything as you want, but the facts are staying facts and deep down inside you also know that this is the truth and unlike your misreading these facts are rational and logical, based on tons of real cases.

“And lol, if for you a great fan means supporting the BS that came with the end, go ahead. I’m v. much glad not to be called a fan of this anyway.”

Nope, all I said that someone who read a 700 chapters long shonen fight manga for something that was not even a sub-plot (harem style “romances”) and becames a hater of the franchise because of a shipping than that person was doubtfully a fan.

Also, who was the one who said “Let’s support Kishimoto and Naruto in his quest for romance in the The Last movie” at one of your The Last post? Oh, yes, it was you.

“As for the NH “post” it wasn’t a “post” but a “theory”. Learn to make the difference.”

A post is a post, no matter how much you try deny it and mistelling it.

Also, true theories are not as long as your posts, they are usually very short, but yours are making tons of pages!

” Learn to make the difference between many things my friend”

Coming from someone who is the sheeperd of a fandom who are acting like Haiji Kikuno from Ai Kora – parental love/being accepted = romantic love.

william (2 years ago)

This is the saddest thing ever this Manga is the only one that made me feel something it’s ridiculous but naruto taught me why should anybody give up this is going make me sad my life kind of revolved around naruto and don’t speak about the writer like that just think I can’t wait till the next genius idea because since he knew we love this kind of stuff he will make a new Manga matey exactly like naruto this sometimes made me cry and he is a deep artis so deep does not stay long in video but it does in your heart if you don’t like naruto art is thenew you don’t like naruto it might be hard on him when somebody writes something it’s like a chunk of a heart going into a spoil state with mold and due think what he must think about ending it and if you don’t like it don’t talk behind his back like that and remember what naruto said ( belive in your dreams and they will come true) and what he said after something like that “believe it” I’m mad to but don’t disrespect him your throwing a fit because he wants to make somthin better than naruto the next idea he is thinking of naruto came from the Same place his ideas/ brain

You can’t take the fact that I speak about the writer like that? Well what are you doing here then? I can speak however I want about him on my blog. I’m not talking behind his back, I’m very much talking publicly about the mistakes he did.
    I want to be a writer myself and it’s the thing I studied my all goddamn life so just some sobbing sympathy won’t save him from criticism, you know?

It’s for that very fact that what he did in the end is atrocious. He talks about big ideals but doesn’t live up to it. Now if you can’t take that, well then, once again I ask you what are you doing here?