Japanese’s fandom reaction to Kishimoto’s latest interview in regards to the events that lead to the contents of The Last: Naruto the movie; on Sakura’s and Hinata’s troubling popularity, Neji Hyuga’s death in canon and other details

As we know, Kishimoto had another interview these last moments and once again apparently he came to “clarify” certain aspects in regards to NaruHina’s canonization, the story of The Last, Neji’s death and Sakura’s character popularity.

Trang95 over Tumblr has informed us earlier about the contents of the interview which apparently were the following:

New Kishi Interview

Go to this link to see the video:http://video.fc2.com/en/content/201412144qrFcrym/

Go to this link to see the summary of the video above:http://tieba.baidu.com/p/3466021866

I can’t confirm the translation of the summary of the video, so if you don’t believe this one, go to the website, and find your own translator.

1.When Kishimoto first created Naruto he was inspired by a roadside ramen stall, he wanted to write about a youth eating ramen. his theme is considered questionable, bujt in the end it still became serialized while under doubts.

2.The fourth’s appearance was inspired by carelessly jumbling up kiba and akamaru’s combination. and so naruto father’s image was set.

3.Before the chunnin exams, Kishimoto originally wanted to draw a few more missions, but to ask him to illustrate the whole ninjaverse at one go, kishi says it is very stressful to have to do so many characters, so he asked his assistant for help, and the assistant created Lee using reference from Jackie Chan.

4.In Akatsuki Kishimoto’s fav is Hidan. Kishi was told that the image of Shikamaru smoking can’t possible be animated on TV, but Kishi did it anyway. He tried to make Hidan look not as intidimating

5.Kishi feel that Jiraiya’s death was spectacular, therefore if he was edo tensei, it would be hard to draw naruto’s reaction. that’s why jiraiya did not re-appear.

6.Kishi is troubled by Sakura’s popularity among the readers. While he was drawing covers, it was easy drawing naruto and sasuke, but for sakura kishi have to spend more time re-drawing and adjusting, worrying that he might draw her ugly. sakura’s family is not revealed because of popularity reasons, but hinata with low number of appearances were consistently popular with the readers, kishi once had the idea to change hinata to the heroine.

7.he let neji die for naruto and hinata to be closer, that’s how hinata brought her daughter to visit his grave in chapter 700. naruto’s son boruto and neji is the same meaning, this is all intended early on.

8. before naruto KO enemies kishi would use several different angle shots to show the same move, this is inspired by jackie chan’s martial arts film. also when doing KO scenes kishi don’t like to draw the character faces, he feel that revealing faces will dimish the impact of the body moving and the artwork.

9.At the end when Naruto and Sasuke fight, the original intention is that they finish while holding hands, but kishi changed his mind and cut their hands, making a more gory ending.

10.When NARUTO ends, Kishi introduces next year’s movie and naruto exibition 2015, revealing that orochimaru, kabuto, and lesser characters will be re-appearing in the boruto series, to finish the main plot. then kishi says he will be relaxing for the time bring, call an assistant to discuss about the new series. it is unclear whether the new series will still be centered around ninjas or around a totally new theme.

EDIT: A translator i trust, also said Kishi said this:

1)Kakashi got more popular than Naruto so he had to decrease his appearance
2)This 15 years he suffered because of Sasuke and Sakura

3)To make Hinata look more like Naruto’s heroine, Neji had to die like a cupid (to which the interviewer caution, can we air this??)

After such news came out, Japanese fans talking about their impressions over @2ch forums couldn’t help but share their opinions:

821 名無しさんそうだ選挙に行こう2014/12/14(日) 07:16:43.50 ID:sX9jSRUz
ヒナタの人気はアニ影様がいろいろとやらかしてくれるからだろうと思うが

I believe Hinata’s popularity is coming from the SP

823 名無しさんそうだ選挙に行こう2014/12/14(日) 07:20:06.27 ID:sX9jSRUz
祝福とかできるわけない
すでに見るのも辛くなってきたっていうのに
シカマルとアスマのように死者に報いようとする姿勢すらないじゃないか

There is no way I can celebrate this
I’m already having a hard time watching this
They don’t even have the will to repay for Neji’s death like Shikamaru had for Asuma

824 名無しさんそうだ選挙に行こう2014/12/14(日) 07:22:50.41 ID:R/Nv/HVR
庇って死んだネジのために日向を変えるという意志さえも感じられないのがな
マフラー編むと日向が変わるのならいいが

They don’t have the will to change the Hyuuga for Neji who died and protect them
It’s okay if the Hyuuga is going to change by knitting scarves

827 名無しさんそうだ選挙に行こう2014/12/14(日) 07:51:18.34 ID:MvHwk6wN
俺の中のNARUTOは1部で終わった

For me Naruto ended at part one.

828 名無しさんそうだ選挙に行こう2014/12/14(日) 07:52:59.98 ID:o0Rqj73n
戦犯岸本
自分は最後の数年で済んだけど15年間振り回された読者のみんなにはお疲れ様と言いたい
漫画の中でどれほどそれっぽいテーマを描こうがこの作者の適当さでは何の重みも感じられない

War criminal Kishimoto
I’ve only had few years but I’d like to say “take a well rest” to people who have been pushed around by Kishimoto for 15 years
No matter what kind of theme he wanted to express, his laziness prevent it from the message having any weight

832 名無しさんそうだ選挙に行こう2014/12/14(日) 08:18:45.60 ID:qBT4q3sF
グッズの売れ行きとかで誰が人気かわかるんじゃないのヒナタ本当に人気ならなんで番宣だけ七班出しまくるんだよ全部が矛盾してるわ
アニスタの声だけ聞いてヒロイン変更しましたと素直に言えよ

Don’t they know the popularity by looking at the merchandise? If Hinata was really popular why do they do advertisement with only team seven. He should just say that he changed the heroine to Hinata only listening to the voice of the anime studio.

833 名無しさんそうだ選挙に行こう2014/12/14(日) 08:21:18.30 ID:fpudA+RR
何から何まで声がでかいキャラ信者に都合のいい環境だったわけか
道理で二次創作のようなのが出来上がるわけだ
映画を発端に次々とボロが出てくるな

So everything was a good environment for the character that had the loudest fandom
No wonder the story is so much like fanfiction
Starting with the film the garbash just keeps coming out

834 名無しさんそうだ選挙に行こう2014/12/14(日) 08:24:32.43 ID:LlVqgUPB
アニスタのせいだって正直に言えばいいのに
ヒナタ信者腹が立つ
声だけはでかいクソだわ

He should just honestly say it was the anime studio’s voice
So annoyed with Hinatards
They’re shits with only a loud voice

839 名無しさんそうだ選挙に行こう2014/12/14(日) 09:53:41.74 ID:LlVqgUPB
ヒナタという原作をぶち壊すためだけに生まれたキャラ

Hinata a character that was born to destroy canon

841 名無しさんそうだ選挙に行こう2014/12/14(日) 10:01:48.08 ID:sX9jSRUz
サクラ信者の声が伝わらなかったのは不動のヒロインだから言う必要が無かったからだってばぞ(´ω)

The reason why the voice of Sakutards didn’t reach was because she was the unshakeable heroine and there was no need to say it

843 名無しさんそうだ選挙に行こう2014/12/14(日) 10:04:15.53 ID:ZNHhPyNB
大人気のヒナタを宣伝に使わないの不思議だね
ヒロイン映画なのにさ

It’s a mystery why they did not use the very popular Hinata for commercial….
When she’s the movie heroine

844 名無しさんそうだ選挙に行こう2014/12/14(日) 10:05:36.75 ID:rruKVaw4
位が人気無いから大人気の11位をヒロインにちょっと何言ってるのかわかりません

The sixth popular character did not become popular so I made the eleventh popular character the heroine….I don’t think I understand what he is saying

845 名無しさんそうだ選挙に行こう2014/12/14(日) 10:11:22.51 ID:sX9jSRUz
大人気の11位のために位の何故か人気キャラを殺しました(笑)・・・意味がわかりません

I killed the 7th popular character for the 11th popular character lol……I do not understand what he is saying

847 :名無しさん@そうだ選挙に行こう:2014/12/14(日) 10:15:18.75 ID:rruKVaw4
作者は数が数えられないのか…

The author cannot count numbers……

848 :名無しさん@そうだ選挙に行こう:2014/12/14(日) 10:16:28.83 ID:9m3S3srr
ヒナタはどこで大人気なんだ

Where is Hinata popular

849 :名無しさん@そうだ選挙に行こう:2014/12/14(日) 10:17:50.86 ID:rruKVaw4
>>848
アニメスタッフには大人気の模様

Seems to be popular among anime studio

852 :名無しさん@そうだ選挙に行こう:2014/12/14(日) 10:19:12.54 ID:Mu99wLyK
やっぱり岸本は頭がおかしい
ヒナタが人気ないことなんてあのグッズ省きっぷりや映画の予告詐欺見れぱ一目瞭然なのに
どこをどうしたらヒナタばかり人気が上がる(笑)なんて幻覚が見えるんだ
後、pixivのNARUTO女キャラで一番イラストが多いのもキャラグッズがでているのもサクラなんですが岸影さん目と頭大丈夫?

Kishi is retarded
If they see how much Hinata merchandise they took away and the trailer of the movie it’s obvious how unpopular she is
How does he see a hallucination that Hinata is popular
Also, if he sees pixie and the merchandise the one with the most popularity is Sakura
Is Kishi’s eyes and brain alright?

853 :名無しさん@そうだ選挙に行こう:2014/12/14(日) 10:21:07.71 ID:ZNHhPyNB
人気基準で決めるなら映画もナルトサスケカカシでやることになるね

If they are deciding by popularity the movie should have featured Naruto a Sasuke Kakashi

854 :名無しさん@そうだ選挙に行こう:2014/12/14(日) 10:32:59.06 ID:aQFx6SGv
この映画も七班の絆書いてアクションさせるだけで楽々稼げたはずなんだよな
どういうわけかこんな事になったが

This movie could have made a lot of money with just team seven action
How did it come like this

HalfDemonInuyasha (3 years ago)

So now he just outright admits it – Neji’s death served no purpose whatsoever except as pairing fodder.

Elkas (3 years ago)

Nice info my lady. I believe theres an internal conflict between kishi and SP. I think kishi already write a true ending [ns ending] long ago and when he shows it to SP they get mad. “What? naruto should end with hinata because thats what the fans from the west wants. This ending is bad, sakura not popular theres no money with this ending”. So maybe kishi said to SP “ok, do whatever you want” and have his assistant or SP write that horrible chapter 699 and 700+the movie. And that interview is not from kishi himself he just saying what SP told him. Its just a feeling and i know probably less than 5% its true. But i dont know why i still believe NS is gonna happan [supose to happen]. I rather stay in Delusional side of me than accept this horrible ending. That naruhina wedding is the most SAD and HORRIBLE wedding i ever seen in my life. Everything is Black and White like and old camera picture from years 1900. Only sakura leaf/petals have pink collour. And they said they making another movie with Bolt as main protagonist and there will be SS wedding. My god, so the Last Naruto the Movie was not the last at all. How much lie they gonna use to milk money from dissapointed fans. I hope already moved on and forget about naruto before that doomsday come. Keep posting info about this my lady you got my suport. Thanks <3.

BlueStarSaber (3 years ago)

I hate it when people Reddit a story just because a character is popular or may be popular to give them more foucuss than the man cast, you shouldn’t do that regardless of popularity.

Christelle (3 years ago)

Ok he is either under a gengitsu or he is crazy. I think he ended the story on the manga called “the true ending” and that the rest is all SP. Iv read the manga and the Aname it just naturally turned towards Sakura being the heroin and a strong bond created between her and ️Naruto. This is just money movie. Pathetic to kill neji for that!! What kind of relationship needs a key character to die so that their relationship can happen. That’s pathetic that they couldn’t just make it happen naturally, oh wait that’s right, it would never be natural!

Suuu (3 years ago)

Really guys why did you just can’t move on?
I admire your perseverance and all that shit
But really? Sakura is more popular in Japan because they like the stereotype of the violence with love.
But the story is completely different in the rest of the world. Is like in Japan they like one piece more than any other anime but around the world naruto is more popular and loved, because we have different points of view
Hey I like Sakura I always see her as strong woman with amazing skills and deep desire to save the one she love. Sure she care about naruto he was there for her always. they have each other for supporting as brothers and members of team 7.
Respect your words and see new horizons

Don’t address something you don’t have the full info on. Thanks!

iker (3 years ago)

You basically disregarded this person’s opinion just because they didn’t hate the ending. Cool!

I disregarded their own opinion? No, I didn’t. I said that they shouldn’t talk about things with a certain intent if they don’t have the whole context of the situation, that’s all.
        They can have whatever opinion they want to have, doesn’t mean I have to accept it or praise it or I don’t know exactly what you’d expect me to even though I address it. Hope we’re clear.
        Thanks!

Marie (3 years ago)

Sorry, but you should follow your own advice. To me, it seems like they see things more clearly than you. But how would you know since you pay attention only to the little tidbits of information that confirm what you want to believe and purposely ignore all the others that contradict it.

Or it’s quite the other way around. While they see it so clear, that’s so great as the marketing makes it out to be, in reality, things are different and not so cotton candy as they try to make it out to be. :)

Cold Soul (3 years ago)

Its not like there are already 180+ anti The Last threads and 90+ anti Hinata threads on one of biggest Japanese forums 2ch. And its not like The Last is lowest rated movie of them all by Japanese themselves. The movie airing on Philippines was also prolonged because audience isnt interested in movie.This was confirmed by Philippines source here on tumblr. Of course mainstream shows its all perfect.Thats how marketing and modern world works.Pretty is shown while shit is covered.After all this movie is dream of American and European audiences which are heavy NH fans.So I guess as long as Western audience likes it it has to be the best choice?Yeah,right….

rayodeluz (3 years ago)

Exactly very true.

rayodeluz (3 years ago)

Marie is right.

suu (3 years ago)

Jajajajaja hey you reply my answer
      I thought that you will ignore my opinion, in fact i got the attention of many.
      HEYY relaaaax it seems like I insulted your mother or father.
      I imagine your face like red tomato when you are so grumpy hahahaha. How was your word?..
      Oh Yes “CHEERS!!;) hahaha..sorry i can’t..
      pd: thanks Marie and Iker :D

Dark Elf (3 years ago)

I use to route for NaruHina but after a certain chapter I read which pulled at my heart strings I truly wanted Naruto to win Sakura’s love in the end, so as someone who routed for both couples – either way I was okay with it as long as Naruto was happy but I have to be honest here…. that ending was HORRIBLE.
It wasn’t just because of the couples who ended up together either… so many unanswered questions and destroyed character developments, I pray part 3 gives us these answers since its clear the movie hasn’t if the spoilers are true it’s all Naruhina.

I always had this vision on how I thought Naruto would end (it was close to what I expected but just a little different to make it a bit of a letdown)
I actually wanted Naruto to join in on his son’s graffiti (father & son bonding) then both of them to be chased by the villagers while the Kages are still waiting on him XD and for a bonus on that scene having Sakura as Bolt’s mother with Naruto and Bolt both realizing what she will do to them after she finds out what they did to the stone faces (can you imagine the look on their faces XD)

With all of these interviews I’m starting to wonder if Kishi is trying to destroy his own fanbase it doesn’t make any logical sense, first Narusaku is a red herring…. 15 years of red herrings that has to be a Record, all that time and it never occurred to him to give more screen time with Naruto and Hinata bonding which would have made the ending more convincing and now a movie which claims Naruto never loved Sakura; it was his rivalry with Sasuke… is he trying make Naruto look like a jerk? If that spoiler is true he deserves every hit Sakura gave him and more!
Neji had to die to make NaruHina happen? Huh?! was Naruto moving on and falling in love with someone else too unrealistic? And Hinata waited this long (2 years after her confession) you have got to be kidding me doesn’t she have any self respect? And cares more about repairing a red scarf then her kidnapped sister? (I pray this spoiler is false otherwise Hinata looks bad)

kevin (3 years ago)

well if its wrong for hinata to have waited so long for naruto, isnt that the same issue with naruto and sakura?? in anycase hinata was NEVER shot down by him..unlike naruto who was constantly being rejected, Constantly. fine, naruhina should have bonded a little more, but her character prevents much from going on, and also naruto was oblivious to everything. and after her sister was kidnapped how was she to get to where hanabi was if not for the mission(which gave more details) was she to just run and jump unto the moon..

Julie (3 years ago)

2ch isn’t a reliable source to gauge the Last’s popularity in Japan. It’s users are well known to be trolls to the rest of the Japanese internet community. Also, most of it’s posts are anonymous, and 2ch is INFAMOUS for having spammers. You’re 180 hate anti-threads – yeah, those could easily be made by 30 people. They’re also notorious for hate speech, slander, sexual harassment and racism – There are over 15,000 threads expressing the desire to kill Chinese and Korean People.

Are these really the people you want to be quoting?

Also, Hinata is the most popular female Naruto character in Japan. She consistently beats out Sakura in popularity despite her lack of screen time in comparison. It’s not hard to see why SP would take this popularity and run with it.

And stop acting as if killing off characters to further the plot is a new thing: Minato and Kushina died to further the plot, Jiraiya died to drive Naruto foward, Itachi died to drive Sasuke forward . . . Neji dying for Hinata is just another literary device.

I’ve got the same impression here. How was that before this whole controversy with The Last, 2ch was everyone’s favorite source to quote in terms of news and everything of the such, but when it comes to negativity to the “wonder” that’s The Last, people pretty much call it nowadays scum, trolls, not a reliable source etc, etc…

fckshet (3 years ago)

ORLY? What about it? Let Naruto and Hinata get together. suck for Sakura for chasing Sasuke for the entire Story of Naruto

wandering theorist (3 years ago)

So… Correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t Sakura’s love for Sasuke born from her and Ino’s rivalry? If so, doesn’t that kinda trivialize her love for him due to it is what Kishimoto is saying about Naruto’s love for Sakura?

kevin (3 years ago)

no hate here, but how did neji’s death bring them together??? i thought it was his initial hate for he head family that brought naruto to even make an oath on hinata’s blood to redeem her image?

Dark Elf (3 years ago)

My point was this; as a Naruhina fan the victory felt like an empty – won the war but lost the battle kind of feeling like I said maybe if Naruto and Hinata had a few moments in the manga given hints of Naruto becoming even slightly infatuated with Hinata I would have been happy about chapter 700 but we never got that…. not really – heck was a cheesy blushing scene between the two too much to ask for to make the final chapter convincing?
Heck it was two years later he could have easily moved on and fall in love with Hinata if they spent more time together – there was a fake spoiler that did that and it sounded better than the actual movie he fell in love with her before the movie main storyline started and the story was about him telling her, instead we got this Genjutsu crap – Hinata deserved better than that

As a Narusaku fan I feel totally cheated, at first Sakura telling Sasuke he was in so much trouble gave me so much respect for Sakura’s character it’s about time she told him off! Hitting him would have been the icing on the cake but then all of that respect died when Sakura wanted to go with him (Kishi how could you!)

I can live with Naruto choosing Hinata but not without those two having decent closure at least – this boy who was in love with Sakura even before the story started just gave up without telling her how he felt even if he knew he’d probably be rejected – a farewell with a kiss on the forehead as a means of moving on and I think I could have lived with that ending….. That was until the movie apparently made is clear that Naruto never loved Sakura in the first place it was his rivalry with Sasuke…. what a load of BS! It’s an insult to the Naruhina and Narusaku supporters if that spoiler is true

django (3 years ago)

what a piece of shit, if someone should have died that would be hinatas father since he was the true source of hinatas lack of confidence .. Making neji die isntead made it seem like neji was born as a pawn and died as a pawn, doesnt matter which pretty words you add, since thats how it feels and woud have been intersting to see how his life would change during the clan politic chnages

samantha (3 years ago)

So freakin pist. He used Neji like a puppet! This is one of the reasons why I hate Hinata! What also sucked was that Tenten had no reaction to his death and will probably not have any screen time in the last! I WON”T GIVE UP ON YOU NEJITEN!

Ritika from india (2 years ago)

I also vry mch lke neji ten .they are my favourite and please become my friend so that you can tell me best neji ten fanfic and also we can talk a lot about naruto and also today i discovered that sarada is sasuke and karins daighter.o man i cant believe it sasuke is cheater.he used sakura to handle his daughter.o sakura is sometimes so innocent.pls try to console me o man wht a life aww i cant focus

Bolete (2 years ago)

From the beginning of the series, kishi could just gather some love for neji. Like tenten. And make them fall in love. But hey, in the episode 414 , tenten said ” neji. I will never forgive you. ” and she shed tears. NEJITEN. I am still sadden by neji’s death. But he’s freed from his curse seal. He is finally free. May be he is still around here somewhere looking at the world. Maybe with jiraiya, kushina, and all the dead ones. He is still there in heaven. But fuck you kishi.you should’ve made more nejiten scene before he die. And no one did anything to repay neji ! Fuck u naruto and hinata. You are so selfish. U don’t even repay neji. He protect naruto and hinata GIVING HIS LIFE FOR THEM. And all they did was cry and did nothing. Not even a medic ninja came. Stupid. Neji should be special. He should be resurrected. I WANT HIM IN THE BORUTO THING MOVIE OR MANGA. You better do it kishi. Or your most loyal fan will become your anti fan.

Dark_Lord_Sasuke (2 years ago)

Well guys don’t expect too much from Naruto because we are entering shoujo hell. I hope One Piece and Kuroshitsuji doesn’t go shoujo. This is literally all of the reasons I hate shoujo. The mini series gets worse with each chapter and number 6 was the last straw. I’m giving up on this mess. Naruto and Sasuke should’ve died in the end so they wouldn’t be so messed up. Would’ve been more epic. I also hate that because Hinata is so popular in the west he listened. I guess he wants a little girl western audience.

Little girl produces money out of people’s horny thoughts so of course we’re gonna play it that way. Money makes the world go round, remember? ;)

kira (2 years ago)

Ruins my heart if Hinata is a main character, Sakura is the one I like.

Yearight (2 years ago)

So true.. And the fact that neji and itachi died, also how SS end up together is never shown hurts me more. Even though I am a NH/SS shipper but the Last movie is too much about NH. I need more team 7 in action! There’s too much plot holes in this series :(

JulCan1987 (2 years ago)

To be honest, I never really cared who Naruto ended up with, Sakura or Hinata, because I kind of liked both NaruSaku and NaruHina. They both had their possibilities. Also, as long as Kishimoto doesn’t do what J.K. Rowling did and regrets it later on.